Rotary Tube Divider (RTD)
What’s the benefit?
The Rotary Tube Divider (RTD):
- Provides reliable, accurate mass reduction with no risk of cross-contamination between sub-samples.
- Is easy to install and operate.
- Has low maintenance costs.
What does it do?
The Rotary Tube Divider (RTD) is designed for representative mass reduction of bulk material. The RTD can be used for mass reduction of virtually any type of dry materials. The RTD is a robust, all-round sub-sampling solution. The RTD is used in many multi-stage sampling systems but may also be used as a stand-alone divider.
Variant 1 (standard):
The Rotary Tube Divider Single (RTD-S) has one sample outlet in the bottom section.
The Rotary Tube Divider Multiple (RTD-M) have up to four sample outlets in the bottom section. The RTD-M is used where several aliquot analyses are needed for each sample (e.g. moisture, PSD, FE-content) or where different quantities of sub-samples are needed for different sample outlets (e.g. 1:15 and 1:25) during the sampling operation.
How does it do it?
The RTD consists of a drive unit, a rotating dividing pipe, a top cone with an inspection hatch, a rotation sensor, a bottom cone with a reject outlet and one adjustable sub-sample outlet. The motor unit is connected to a pulley that drives the timing belt and rotates the dividing pipe. In the bottom section, material is ducted to the periphery of the bottom cone’s inner wall where the sub-sampling divison ratio is determined by stepless opening of the manually adjustable outlet slit opening. The division ratio may be adjusted between 1:8 and 1:89 dependent of RTD model and material particle size. The non-sampled material passes directly to the reject outlet(s).
What are the technical details?
Details to follow..
1. The M&W central control cabinet can exchange signals with the client’s control system.
2. The RTD can be delivered with heat bearings on the lower cone.
3. The RTD can be delivered with an inner rubber coating in the housing unit to reduce operating noise levels.
4. The RTD can be delivered with Virtual Adjustable Divider (VAD) by means of an electronic controller.
Nota Bene 1
The VAD can be retrofitted on any M&W RTD that is delivered after 2010.