JAWO Sampling Solution – Bucket Sampler
How to do representative sampling of bulk material in a falling stream?
To ensure a representative sampling of bulk material, especially for materials with a high content of dust, the Bucket Sampler is the answer.
- The Bucket Sampler (BS) is designed to extract increments/cuts from a free-falling flow of bulk material in a vertical duct. Representativity is ensured since a complete cross section of the material is collected.
The sampling outlet of the BS is connected to a Screw Conveyor by a chute.
- The Screw Conveyor (SC) is used to transport and/or dispense the bulk material by rotation of a screw.
The SC dispenses the material into a chute, which is connected to a Rotary Tube Divider.
- The Rotary Tube Divider (RTD) is designed for representative division of bulk material. The RTD splits the material stream into A) a sub-sample and B) a reject stream. By a chute the reject stream is transported to a reject conveyor.
The sub-sample outlet of the RTD is connected to a Divider Gate by a chute.
- The Divider Gate (DG) is used for directing the representative material either to the Dual Splitter (5) or the Mobile Sampling Container (6) by chutes. The position of a dual-direction flap leads the material flow to either (5) or (6).
- The Dual Splitter (DS) is used for splitting the bulk material into two buckets. The material can be split in the ratio 25-75% or directed 100% to either the left or the right bucket. The position of a dual-direction flap splits or leads the material flow to the buckets.
- The Mobile Sample Container (MSC) is designed to receive up to 200L of representative sampled material. Without any manual lifting the representative sample is easy to move around and unload.
- All the above equipment requires a Control Cabinet (CC) that controls, powers and protects the JAWO Sampling machines. The CC is also the interface for the operator and can serve as a junction box for all power and signal cables.